We welcome and encourage anyone to create and submit their own Top Ten Site List. If you don’t have a top ten list but you have an interesting idea, send that in as well. Your chances of getting a list accepted increase dramatically if you can follow these guidelines:
- Your list must have 10 items.
- Spell check and then spell check again.
- Format your list with descending numbers (1 to 10, with 1 being the highest rank).
- Introduction: all lists should have an introduction.
- Consistency: consistent heading names, consistent measurements (i.e. All empirical, not mixed up with metric), etc.
- Context: each item should answer who, what, where, when (where appropriate).
- Clarity: sentences should make sense, please proof and then proof again.
- Content: A) PG rated B) accurate: unless it’s an opinion – content should be backed up (if research was required it should mention the source). Length: at least 1000 – 1500 words (just a loose guideline – some lists are shorter and that’s fine – it depends on topic)
- Be original, we don’t publish lists from other sites.
- Be relevant, current and exciting. It needs to be something readers would be interested in.
- Make sure your list is accurate. We do not accept self-promotion. The sites in your list must be relevant and true and will be independently verified. We may change the order around in your list or ask you to remove certain sites if they are not high ranking, relevant or don’t abide with our TOS.
- Please note you shouldn’t just type the terms in google and find the top 10 – that’s not the point of the Top Site List. The site is to find the top 10 which are actually the top 10 – not the top 10 ranked in the search engines. There are many excellent sites which ranked lower down and are more useful resources.
- All article text must be SEO friendly and help with SEO i.e rank for certain keywords! The more keyword friendly the more exposure you will get!
- All articles will be run through copyscape. Spun or duplicate content is unacceptable and the article will be refused.
We will supply any graphics that would be needed, so you only need to write the list. We’ll give full credit and a link to your own site or blog if you have one. Get a high PR backlink and huge traffic!
You can Email us directly and attach your list or fill in the below form! Please include all of the below info in your email if you decide to email us.
By submitting your list, you agree that TSL has the full right to publish your list and that you are the author of this list. Furthermore, you agree that once your submitted list is published on TSL, TSL becomes the sole owner of all copyright, and publishing and other rights related to the list content. Unless specific permission is granted to the author, we do not allow republishing of articles that are submitted to TSL. This means you cannot publish your accepted submission on any other site without our permission.